11. Alvarez León, L.F. (2019). “How cars became mobile spatial media: A geographical political economy of onboard navigation”. Invited Submission for J. Frith & D. Özkul (Eds.). “Mobile Media Beyond Mobile Phones” [Special Issue]. Mobile Media & Communication. Forthcoming.
10. Alvarez León, L.F. (2018). “Counter-mapping the Spaces of Autonomous Driving”. Invited article for J. Thatcher & C. Dalton (Eds.). New Perspectives on Critical Cartography. [Special Issue]. Cartographic Perspectives.
Pre-published online: http://cartographicperspectives.org/index.php/journal/article/view/1450.
9. Alvarez León, L.F., Christophers, B., & Yu, L. (Eds.), (2018). “Introduction”. In L.F. Alvarez Le ́on, B. Christophers, and L. Yu (Eds.), The Spatial Constitution of Markets [Special Issue]. Economic Geography. 94, 3. 211-216.
8. Alvarez León, L.F. (2018). “A blueprint for market construction? Spatial data infrastructure(s), interoperability, and the EU Digital Single Market”. Geoforum. 92. 45-57.
7. Alvarez León, L.F. & Quinn, S. (2018). “The Value of Crowdsourced Street-Level Imagery: Examining the Shifting Property Regimes of OpenStreetCam and Mapillary”. GeoJournal. March. 1-20.
6. Alvarez León, L.F. (2018). “Information Policy Regimes and the Spatial Constitution of Digital Geographic Information Markets”. In L.F. Alvarez León, B. Christophers, and L. Yu (Eds.), The Spatial Constitution of Markets [Special Issue]. Economic Geography. 94, 3. 217-237. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080%2F00130095.2017.1388161.
5. Alvarez León, L.F. (2017). “The Political Economy of Spatial Data Infrastructures”. In S. Coetzee, F.J. Behr, A. Cooper et al. (Eds.), Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI), Standards, Open Data and Open Source Software [Special Issue]. The International Journal of Cartography. November, 1-19.
4. Alvarez León, L.F. & Gleason, C.J. (2017). “Production, Property, and the Construction of Remote Sensing Data”. Annals of the American Association of Geographers, Methods, Models, and GIS Section. 107(5), September, 1-15.
3. Alvarez León, L.F. (2016). “Property Regimes and the Commodification of Geographic Information: an Examination of Google Street View”. In A. Leszczynski & J. Crampton (Eds.). Spatial Big Data and Everyday Life [Special issue]. Big Data & Society. July-December, 1-13.
2. Alvarez León, L.F. (2015). “The Digital Economy and Variegated Capitalism”. Canadian Journal of Communication. 40(4), 637-654.
* Winner of the 2015 UCLA Geography Department Graduate Student Publication Award.
1. León-Manríquez, J.L., and Alvarez, L.F. (2014). “Mao’s steps in Monroe’s backyard: towards a United States-China hegemonic struggle in Latin America?” [Special issue]. Revista Brasileira de Pol ́ıtica Internacional. 57(spe), 9-27.